According to the last ultrasound (last Thursday), the girls both weigh 4lbs 4oz. Somewhat rare to both be the same weight, but it means they're both growing well. And it means I'm carrying 8lbs 8oz of baby, which is a LOT of baby. I saw a woman the other day who is due on Friday with her singleton, and I was much larger than her. Yep, large. Lucky me- I get to be as big (or bigger) than 9 months pregnant when I'm still just 8 months.
The photo here is me and Eric two weeks ago at a fundraising event for our friend's organization, City Arts. It was held at the Roger Williams Botanical Garden in Cranston- totally gorgeous site and event. I actually wore heals- shoulda seen my feet at the end of the night! I hope never to see cankles like that until I'm at least 90 years old.
The babies are super active these days. They swirl and swoop around- once crawled way up towards my left ribs the other day, but mostly they keep their heads near my belly button. I hope that at least the bottom one turns soon (makes me a better candidate for a natural birth, which I would be very excited about). I love feeling them move around- and seeing these lumps travel across my abdomen. Everyone says that their birth is when they "arrive", but I'm telling you, they're already here!
We're hoping they'll stay inside for another 5 weeks or so. Which is a very odd thing to contemplate... my life for the past 5 years has had just me and Eric as the primary players... with 2 cats and most recently a large dog playing roles of varrying degree (depending on the impact of the shenanigans they get into- like falling 40 feet from an oak tree (and requiring a metal plate to be installed in back hip... that was Zabrina, our Quebecoise kitten)). So its very strange to think that this period of our lives- this type of adventure, is drawing to a close for now. These days of "betsy and eric" will be changing drastically very soon. I'm starting to realize that- to really feel it, not just know it logically. We are excited for the birth of the girls- and that is the overwhelming feeling- but I want to be careful to cherish the time of "Betsy and Eric as a young couple" even as it comes to a close.
I havent heard anything about whats going on i your belly for 2 whole weeks! I need my fix!!
ReplyDelete