


Tomorrow will be week 23... so I'm settling nicely into being 6 months pregnant. I'm learning how to carry my body so that I don't let my belly call the shots. My shoulders and back don't like it when someone else calls the shots, so I'm working on listening to their needs instead. Its working, actually, and *all* of me feels better (Duh, say Shoulders and Back).
Eric is having to do all of the hard work for house set up. This weekend he painted the ceiling of our living room, which involved patching some rather large spots that were peeling off... the previous owner had just painted over some trouble spots and they started peeling almost immediately last summer. We also had the girls' room painted, and finally finished (the guy was supposed to finish it last weekend but his water heater broke, and that took priority). So now everything is painted and we can start really setting up our house and all of the systems we'll need to take good care of the girls.
Here are some pictures... which one is pregnant?
We saw "Crazy Heart" on Friday night at the Avon Theater on Thayer Street. Its a great old theater- no huge parkinglots nearby, no mobbed mall scenes... very civilized, really. And it was a great movie- mellow but solid. Eric got the sound track and is listening to it now while he peels the tape off the walls in the living room.
Everyone says to take advantage of having free nights to just go off to the movies...and so we're doing it (although our dog would argue we are *not* free to do that). The funny thing is, I'm not sure I'm really going to miss just up and going to the movies. Maybe I will a little. But we've now been together for almost seven years, and had had some amazing adventures. We've traveled all over Asia (China, Tibet, Mongolia, Thailand, Laos), South America (well, Peru), and done a pretty thorough job exploring the coasts of Canada by bike, foot, ski and car...so we're really excited about this next adventure. We'll pick up traveling again another day.
Everyone says our lives will change, as if that were a bad thing, and as if change weren't going to happen anyway. Maybe this is a bigger scale of change, but its one we've chosen and feel ready for. We've been wanting this for a long time.
Jen (of Masa and Jen) here - I just wanted to say, if I may be so bold as to comment here, that the changes *are* good. They're phenomenal. Like you, we've been through so many experiences together. Being parents together really feels like the next, and the best one yet. It is indescribably hard and sometimes terrifying, sometimes heartbreaking. But it is also beautiful. More so than I could have imagined. And while, yes, sometimes I do miss the ease with which Masa and I used to move through the world as two, I know that I would not trade a second of this new existence for a lifetime of the other.
ReplyDelete